


Yesterday Buddy got his first haircut; he had a follow-up visit at the vet & while he was there I asked that they also brush him out and shave off any matting--even if it left his coat a little uneven. After a snarky look, the vet tech said to me, "You WANT him to look like that? Really, we should just shave him all over." Since they're the professionals, not me, I agreed & now Buddy looks a little like a drowned rat. LOL! He's still very cute, but after having had long hair his whole life, it seems weird that he doesn't anymore. Unfortunately, Buddy's not very good at being still while being examined at the vet's office, let alone sitting still for buzzing clippers. I warned them of this, and I don't think they believed me until after they attempted his grooming. Despite being muzzled, the groomer had to stop early...leaving a couple odd chunks of hair around his neck, and a couple strange baldish spots on his legs. Doesn't matter to me; I was fine with them shaving off a few matted pieces of hair (which apparently would have "looked funny" according to the vet tech).
When Mia saw Buddy for the first time after his haircut she called him "Cute-little-baby-kitty-Buddy," and oddly enough it seems to fit!
No comments:
Post a Comment