This morning I took Mia to get her hair trimmed. I just take her to Hair Cuttery because it's simple & inexpensive ($10), so each time we go, Mia gets a different hair dresser. Today was an older woman & she was a little annoying. LOL! The first thing she did when Mia sat in the chair was criticize my use of "baby/kids" shampoo since Mia's hair was obviously dried out on top (??). She said that Mia's hair is growing in thick and curly & she needs something more moisturizing than baby shampoo or else it will become brittle & break--something like Infusium shampoo & conditioner, followed by John Frieda hair serum. Um....WHAT?? LMAO!!! First of all, she's suggesting I use shampoo for a 2-year old that doesn't contain a no-tear formula??? Secondly, she expects me to pay more for shampoo, conditioner and other hair products for Mia than I do for myself? LMAO!
Mia's gotten her hair cut twice, both at the same Hair Cuttery as today. The cut from start to finish takes about 10 minutes afterwhich Mia gets a lollipop & we're on our way. I always prepare Mia by explaining what to expect before we go someplace if she'll be experiencing something new, so that she's not caught off guard. So of course this morning I told Mia we were going to get her hair trimmed, and she needs to remember that they'll put a cape on her & that the hair dresser will spray her hair with water so that it's wet, and then they'll comb it for her before they use the scissors. We were fine. Mia was fine.
Then, the hair dresser announced that Mia was going over to the sink to have her hair washed & conditioned. Ummm...that sink is pretty big & daunting for a 2-year old, especially since Mia's in a stage where she hates having her hair washed at bathtime! Mia was clearly in panic mode even though she wouldn't have appeared that way to a stranger, but regardless, she sat through getting her hair washed, rinsed, conditioned, and rinsed again. Back to the regular chair & the hair dresser combed it all out (hard!) and then started cutting. She was pretty rude, expecting Mia not to fidget & to keep her chin down, or head up, or not to move from side to side. I told her that Mia was only 2 even though she looks older, but it was like the lady didn't get it. LOL! I finally just held Mia's head in place while the hair dresser finished up. Mia was such a trooper....
And then, if that wasn't enough, the hair dresser put some [adult] hair serum in Mia's hair & then said that Mia needed to sit under the bubble dryer to have her hair dried. LMAO!! I'm glad she used that term though, Mia thought "bubble dryer" sounded cool & she willingly went over to sit underneath the hair dryer dome. I really wish I had my camera.... After that Mia got to pick out a lollipop & we were on our way. She was really really good with all these new experiences. ..but MAN, I wish I had known ahead of time so that I could explain what was going to happen before we went.
Oh--and the icing on the cake: My sister was with us, and at the end of the appointment the hair dresser looked over at her & said, "Oh--are you the big sister?" Ha-ha-ha!!!! She thought that Josie & Mia were sisters, and that I was their mother! I just said, "Ummm...I'm not that old, and she's not that young." What?!?! Come on. COME ON. (She must not have heard me at the beginning of the appointment when I told her that Josie is my sister.)
Anyway, Mia's hair looks really cute...and really curly! One nice thing the hair dresser said is that she thinks Mia's hair is going to be really thick & really curly, probably just like Gramma's. Here are a few shots--they're cute, but she definitely has "bed head" since she just woke from her nap.





No comments:
Post a Comment