Mia is now 8 1/2 months old, and I'm finally getting around to starting some sort of journal! Yay! I have been meaning to do this for some time, but between working, cleaning, tending, and hanging, when is there time to write? (I seem to remember writing something similar when I started my pregnancy journal half-way thru; I'm such a slacker!)This past weekend we went to a local farm to pick pumpkins out of a pumpkin patch. It was the first pumpkin patch outing for both Mia AND Todd & they thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Mia would have been happy to sit & play in the dirt all day if we'd have let her! We ended up with three pumpkins (how fitting), and haven't decided yet whether or not to carve them. Perhaps that will be a task for the upcoming weekend.
Mia's growing up so fast...it's nice to find time to do things as a family. I can't believe she's nearly walking. Seems like yesterday we were saying, "Won't it be nice when she can hold her head up?" Or, "How great will it be when she can sit all by herself?" Now I find us saying, "Gosh...I hope she waits a little longer before taking her first steps," and, "Remember how nice it was when she'd just sit immobile in her bouncy seat?" Those were the days....
No comments:
Post a Comment