Grandad watched Mia at our house yesterday. Mia has a little toy phone, it's the "old-fashioned" style phone that has the receiver corded to the base, and a red string she can use to pull the phone along so it rings & makes noise. I think I had one as a kid too.... Anyway, I've been working with her to hold the receiver up to her ear like she's talking on the phone. And yesterday she did it! When Grandad came over this morning to pick Mia up, he took the phone out again, and she did it while I was watching! Too cute! Now we just need to teach her to say, "Hello!"And, Mia's just outgrown her size 3-wide white "walking" shoes, but luckily I bought another pair at Payless the other day in size 4-wide (it's really hard to find wide shoes). So after Grandad arrived, I told Mia, "Okay, we're going to put your NEW shoes on!" She squealed & kicked her legs! Grandad said with a smile, "Isn't it a bit early for her to be excited about new shoes?!"
Between that, and her new fondness for the telephone I fear that her teenage years are going to be quite interesting!
No comments:
Post a Comment